We all look forward to chocolate and hot cross buns at Easter BUT CHOCOLATE and RAISINS are POISONOUS to rabbits, cats and dogs.

CHOCOLATE contains a substance called theobromine which causes

  • Digestive upsets
  • Abnormal heart rhythm
  • Hyperactivity
  • Seizures

HOT CROSS BUNS contain raisins and other dried fruit which can cause

  • Digestive upsets
  • Decreased urination
  • Increased or decreased thirst
  • lethargy and depression

A poisoning can occur in minutes and can be fatal.
If you know or suspect that your pet has eaten chocolate or raisins CALL YOUR VET IMMEDIATELY.