Veterinary physiotherapists can enhance the care and management of many common conditions working alongside the multidisciplinary team including vets, nurses, trainers and behaviourists. The ultimate aim of treatment is to return the dog to its previous level of mobility and function however even with chronic or deteriorating conditions significant gains can be made in terms of quality of life and pain relief.
- Post-operative cases e.g. TTA and hemi laminectomy.
- Post–injury cases e.g. fractures and road traffic accidents.
- Acute soft tissue injuries or sports injuries.
- Neurological conditions e.g. intervertebral disc disease and degenerative myopathies.
- Chronic conditions e.g. osteoarthritis or joint dysplasia.
- Respiratory conditions e.g. aspiration pneumonia.
- Performance issues for sporting or working animals.
- Injury prevention.
- Obesity management.